Harper Industries was founded in 1998 by the staff ownership group, purchasing the assets of DewEze Manufacturing from the publicly held Owosso Corporation. Its products assist customers in the areas of ag, turf and mobile hydraulics. Harper’s sales have increased by an average of more than ten percent since the inception of Harper - total sales for Harper will exceed $24M in 2014. For more specifics on Harper’s products, visit www.harperindustries.com. Harper’s products are seen as the preferred products in the various markets they serve.
In addition, Harper Industries contract manufactures products under the Horsch name. Horsch is a German seeding and tillage company and Harper maintains a share of ownership of Horsch activities in North America.
Overview of Position
Harper Industries, Inc. has an immediate full-time accounting position available.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to relate well to people
- Research skills for account discrepancies
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Two years accounting experience with accounting degree preferred
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, squat or kneel for short periods of time
- Ability to lift 20lbs
General Job Responsibilities
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and responsible for General Ledger coding.
- Print A/P checks weekly.
- Balance vendor statement to open payables.
- Research account discrepancies and make necessary phone calls.
- Setup of new vendors.
- Track and maintain W-9 compliance.
- Code and process credit card statements and expense reports.
- Recording of training hours as it relates to HPIP tax credit.
- Maintain 1099 information and annual filing of 1099’s.
- Responsible for tracking sales tax obligations and maintaining monthly sales tax report.
- Responsible for all payroll tax reporting and filings to include preparation of W-2’s.
- Responsible for calculating monthly sales commission.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process.
- Assist in the preparation of audit work papers for annual audit process.
- Will be cross-trained in Accounts Receivable and responsible for processing invoices and payment posting when Accounts Receivable Specialist is out.
- Other accounting duties as assigned by Controller.
Position open: Immediately
Beginning Salary: Based on experience
Bonus: OT approved by supervisor
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, 3-5 references the following email: email@example.com