Harper Industries was founded in 1998 by the staff ownership group, purchasing the assets of DewEze Manufacturing from the publicly held Owosso Corporation. Its products assist customers in the areas of ag, turf and mobile hydraulics. Harper’s sales have increased by an average of more than ten percent since the inception of Harper - total sales for Harper will exceed $24M in 2014. For more specifics on Harper’s products, visit www.harperindustries.com. Harper’s products are seen as the preferred products in the various markets they serve.
In addition, Harper Industries contract manufactures products under the Horsch name. Horsch is a German seeding and tillage company and Harper maintains a share of ownership of Horsch activities in North America.
Overview of Position
Harper Industries has an immediate, full-time opening in fab. Some Saturday work may be required.
- Experience in metal fabrication
- Ability to read prints
- Understand tolerances, measurements and metal properties
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift 60+ lbs regularly
- Ability to lift 80+ lbs occasionally
- Ability to stand on feet for hours at a time
General Job Responsibilities
- Work as assigned to various fabrication equipment (Saw, CNC Plasma, grind parts, load and unload steel, assist CNC Machinists, assist Press Brake, operate ironworker)
- Keep a clean and organized work area
- Perform other duties as assigned with minimal supervision
- Work alongside other employees as a positive team member
Position open: Immediately
Beginning Salary: Based on experience
Bonus: OT approved by supervisor
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, 3-5 references the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org