Harper Industries was founded in 1998 by the staff ownership group, purchasing the assets of DewEze Manufacturing from the publicly held Owosso Corporation. Its products assist customers in the areas of ag, turf and mobile hydraulics. Harper’s sales have increased by an average of more than ten percent since the inception of Harper - total sales for Harper will exceed $24M in 2014. For more specifics on Harper’s products, visit www.harperindustries.com. Harper’s products are seen as the preferred products in the various markets they serve.
In addition, Harper Industries contract manufactures products under the Horsch name. Horsch is a German seeding and tillage company and Harper maintains a share of ownership of Horsch activities in North America.
Overview of Position
Harper Industries, Inc. has an immediate full-time opening for a Maintenance Technician.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Able to kneel, squat, and lift 50+ lbs
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, mechanics, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Proven maintenance experience
General Job Responsibilities
- Ability to operate power hand tools, welders, torches, and electrical devices
- Maintain a clean and safety compliant work environment
- Conduct and document routine inspections of premises and equipment
- Communicate directly with production supervisors, i.e. estimated repair time
- Repair or replace defective parts back to functional and safe
- Initiates purchase orders for parts and machines
- Assist with safety of the shop
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Position open: Immediately
Beginning Salary: Based on experience
Bonus: OT approved by supervisor
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, 3-5 references the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org