Harper Industries was founded in 1998 by the staff ownership group, purchasing the assets of DewEze Manufacturing from the publicly held Owosso Corporation. Its products assist customers in the areas of ag, turf and mobile hydraulics. Harper’s sales have increased by an average of more than ten percent since the inception of Harper - total sales for Harper will exceed $24M in 2014. For more specifics on Harper’s products, visit www.harperindustries.com. Harper’s products are seen as the preferred products in the various markets they serve.
In addition, Harper Industries contract manufactures products under the Horsch name. Horsch is a German seeding and tillage company and Harper maintains a share of ownership of Horsch activities in North America.
Overview of Position
The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals. This position reports to the Product Management Lead.
- Previous experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Technical background
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time and have a current vehicle operator’s license
General Job Responsibilities
- Have a passion for deeper understanding of customer jobs and behaviors
- Clearly define the product strategy and roadmap
- Manage all aspects of the product portfolio
- Deliver Market Requirements Documents and Product Requirements Documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Create and develop business cases for new products based on market knowledge and customer needs that focus on profitability of entire product line.
- Become an expert on the jobs our customers are performing, learning every aspect of their behaviors
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Perform occasional prototype product demos
- Set price points to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Develop sales tools and collateral
- Brief and train the sales force at sales meetings
- Drive cross-functional collaboration
- Act as a leader within the company
Position open: Immediately
Beginning Salary: Based on experience
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, 3-5 references the following email: email@example.com